Rank Structure Edit
As with most functions of , ranks widely varies among servers. One could fill an entire book with different rank structures, but by far the most common is the stock "05-01" system, which will be described below. This structure does not include server-specific ranks, merely those most common to servers.
- RCT: The "recruit" character created whenever a new CP is made in the character creator. RCT units are traditionally not considered "proper" units; they are only allowed to stay in the Nexus until being promoted, and lack the right to police the citizenry. One may think of them as simple citizens in suits.
- 05: The first ground unit rank, the 05 is a junior officer. They are allowed access to a police handgun at this point. They are also given the authority to police citizens. They can't act like robocops, which means that you have to obey FearRP, they're just citizens in a suits.
- 04: Largely a filler rank, the 04 is slightly more experienced than the 05. They do, however, have the right to form patrols on some servers. It is of note that on some servers this is the final "non-brainwashed" rank; what brainwashing implies varies from server to server.
- 03: A mid-range officer, the 03 is given the right to operate an MP7 submachine gun, increasing their combat lethality. They are generally colder on the citizens and more inclined to follow the Combine's will to the letter.
- 02: A more advanced rank officer than the 03. Largely filler, as with the 04. They are colder still to the citizenry.
- 01: The highest ground unit rank. 01 units are often brainwashed and very loyal to the Combine. They do not make as many mistakes as they did as 05s, and are significantly more effective in combat, owing to their practiced marksmanship.
- OfC: Officer-type units that essentially function as field commanders. They may have trenchcoats and shotguns, a common specialization for this rank of unit.
- EpU: Elite Protection Units are considered the final rank that may appear in the field. As with the OfC, their equipment, augmentations, and appearance varies by server.
- CmD: An uncommon "commander" subjugated to the SeC. Often has a unique uniform. They may receive augmentations.
- SeC: Sector Commander. This unit is considered the general "leader" of a server's Combine forces and may have a unique uniform. They are almost always augmented and heavily-armed. Certain servers exclude this unit.